Introducing the Harp Blaster HB52 dynamic harmonica microphone: an exciting collaboration between HOHNER and sE Electronics.
Based on the inspiration from a select group of professional players and modeled after the sound of legendary vintage harp microphones, the Harp Blaster HB52 sets a new standard. Designed as the perfect channel for the artist’s creative output, it’s comfortable to hold, cup, and use for long periods of time, ensuring that the music can flow unhindered and achieve maximum sonority and expression. Suited to the needs of touring professionals, engineered to uncompromising standards, it combines fantastic sound quality with optimal ease of use and maximum durability.
It’s no secret that many contemporary harmonica microphones are sonically and physically lacking in comparison to their vintage counterparts. We set out to change that.
Introducing the Harp Blaster HB52, designed with passion and high attention to detail by HOHNER® and sE Electronics, specifically for today’s players.
Instead of looking at competing products to sculpt the Harp Blaster’s sound, we took our inspiration from a select group of professional players. The goal was to create an exceptional mic ideally suited to their needs, engineered to uncompromising standards, combining fantastic sound quality with optimal ease of use and maximum durability. After all, if a microphone can become a seamless extension of the artist’s emotive output – rather than a distraction of an obstacle – the music can flow unhindered and achieve maximum sonority and expression. Together, HOHNER and sE chased down this ideal, creating a state-of-the-art product that will satisfy the most discerning harmonica player.
Combining sE’s experience in dynamic capsules and acoustic design with HOHNER’s unrivalled competence in harmonicas for more than 160 years, the Harp Blaster meets the highest expectations of performing musicians and demanding sound engineers.
Perfectly sized for easy cupping and handling, the highly reactive capsule responds directly to your hand technique and your musical expression. Moreover, the Harp Blaster HB52 was designed with input from professional harp players to ensure that it’s comfortable to hold, cup, and use for long periods of time. The high output level and high impedance will drive your amp properly without the need for any impedance converters, boost pedals or stomp boxes. In addition to its handy dimensions, the flat and sleek grille of the Harp Blaster ensures a tight cup and facilitates powerful hand effects.
Vintage sound paired with modern precision
- modeled after the sound of legendary vintage harp microphones
- developed with leading harmonica players to meet the most demanding requirements
- state-of-the-art manufacturing for unparalleled consistency
- high-quality components and rugged metal parts for maximum durability
The heart of the Harp Blaster: the capsule
- combining sE’s experience in dynamic capsules and acoustic design with HOHNER’s competence in harmonicas for more than 160 years
- the highly reactive capsule responds directly to your hand articulation and your musical expression
- high output level and high impedance will drive your amp properly without the need for any impedance converters, boost pedals or stomp boxes
- proven Neodymium magnets, tight production tolerances and finest workmanship ensure excellent sensitivity, high-end sound quality and superb consistency
- unlike ceramics / piezo-electric transducers, the dynamic capsule is not sensitive to being dropped onto hard surfaces, withstands harsh environmental conditions and will remain consistent in sound for years to come
Boutique features meet state-of-the-art manufacturing
- hand-crafted at sE’s very own factory with highest attention to detail
- exclusive hammer painting for a great look and maximum durability
- polished and chromatized grille lets you shine on stage for years
- quality Bourns® potentiometer for precise volume adjustment
- If you’d prefer not to have a volume control, it can be disabled internally
- chromatized, diamond-pattern knurled volume knob for slip-proof and reliable control
- robust gold-plated XLR connector for reliable, loss free signal flow