About this item
Palen Music has a vastly expansive range of professional keyboards and accessories to help maximize your playing potential! The original Juno 106 is a very popular synth because of its warm sounds, rich choruses, and easy hands-on creation possibilities. If only it were portable.. OH WAIT! The JU-06 is all that and more! Don't believe us? You don't have to, it's true! This module is perfect for any electro-musician. You can play it anywhere in the world, thanks to it's battery operation and portable speaker! And with modern additions such as variable highpass filter, faster LFO, the JU-06 takes your music creation anywhere!
The limited-edition JU-06 is an authentic recreation of the iconic JUNO-106 synthesizer. Sometimes described as one of the last great synths of the analog era, the JUNO-106 became a favorite thanks to its warm sounds and instant sound-shaping ability. The new 4-voice JU-06 module continues this approach, with 23 parameters controllable via the front panel and that classic JUNO sound – complete with the much-loved JUNO chorus effect. There are some new additions too, including a faster LFO and continuously variable hi-pass filter (HPF). You can even slide the JU-06 into the optional K-25m keyboard unit for a self-contained, go-anywhere synth experience.
JU-06 Features at a Glance:
- The JUNO-106 is sometimes described as one of the last great synths of the analog era, and it became a firm favorite thanks to its distinctive, warm sounds and instant sound shaping ability. The new JU-06 module has all of the sonic character of the original, with accurate reproduction of the entire sound set including the classic JUNO strings and the much-loved JUNO chorus effect.
- The original JUNO-106 was a great way to learn about synthesis, as each stage of the sound creation process was clearly laid out on the front panel, with lots of sliders for instant sound-shaping and experimentation. And that’s still the case with the JU-06, which features 23 knobs and sliders from the original – all inviting you to start tweaking and creating your own customized version of this legendary sound engine.
- Like the other members of the Roland Boutique range, we also added a few subtle improvements that weren’t found on the original models. The JU-06 gains a faster LFO and a continuously variable hi-pass filter (HPF) resulting in a super-smooth sound.
- The onboard 16-step sequencer is a sonic scratchpad that lets you try out new ideas without bringing lots of gear – it can even be used without a keyboard. And if there’s no keyboard connected, the ribbon controller lets you preview the sound, making it an ideal way to program patches quickly and easily.
- The JU-06 works especially well with the K-25m, an optional 25-key velocity sensitive keyboard that takes your music making to the next level. Once docked in the keyboard, the module’s front panel adjusts to three positions for convenient access to the knobs and sliders.
- The original JUNO-106 was famous for big lush sounds created by its 6 oscillators/voices. The JU-06 features a chain mode that allows you to connect two JU-06 modules using the MIDI ports and create one, 8-voice synthesizer. Adding additional modules adds another 4 voices of polyphony with each module. This is especially great when controlling the JU-08 from a larger external keyboard. You can even edit the sound from the master module and control both units. Great for realtime filter sweeps and envelope adjustments.
- Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the JU-06 via USB Bus power.
- The built-in USB port also functions as a high-quality 24bit, 44.1 kHz audio interface, for a fast, simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite patches and sequencer patterns safe too, via the USB data backup function.
||Connect second JU-06 for 8 voice capability
||Dual Ribbon slide controllers for pitch bend, modulation
||1 x 1/8" TRS
||1 x 1/8" TRS, 1 x 1/8" Headphones
||1 x USB Type Micro B
||1 x USB Type Micro B
||2 lbs. 2 oz.
||USB bus power, 4 x AA batteries
|Manufacturer Part Number: